If the thought of escaping to the countryside fills you with joy then you are not alone. In fact Rightmove recently reported that they have seen a 126% rise in the number of enquiries from city residents about village homes across June and July 2020 compared to the same period last year1.
From farm cottages to country houses, rolling hills to private lakes we have have picked our top 10 rural properties currently on the market to whet your appetite and remember If the amount you pay for your main home is in England and under £500,000 you will pay no stamp duty if you buy a property before 31 March 2021. If the property is your main residence and in Scotland then no tax is charged on properties under £250,000 until 31 March 2021. For more information take a look at the calculators below.
1. A former workshop to the saw mills
2. Eco friendly with views over the hills
3. A barn conversion amongst the rolling countryside
4. Converted country house
5. Former farmers cottage with a quarter of an acre
6. Stunning Chapel conversion with semi rural views
7. Overlooking the cricket club and close to open countryside
8. Access to the private lake and park areas of the estate
9. Fantastic views and set in a vibrant rural community
10. Located in beautiful countryside